Wednesday 19 September 2012

"Oh are we nearly there??"


"Oh are we nearly there" a sentence often heard by my parents when we had just left the Cardiff juction of the M4 on the long bi-annual trip to see our grand parents in Yorkshire. However, the phrase has come to mind on several occasions this week as today I turn 40 weeks + 10.

I honestly can't complain though I have enjoyed most of these past 9 months and I have been in excellent health but as the days go on I am becoming extremely impatient and I have lost the ability to focus on anything.

Dare I say it but I am actually missing work (here's hoping my boss does not see this). This is my first child so as the days go on there are only so many lunch dates and coffees you can go on. Spending money is even difficult!! I am still pregnant so cannot buy new clothes, I do not know what I am having so I cant spoil my baby quite yet and do feel frivolous buying cosmetics, however my QVC account has been visited frequently (lets hope my boyfriend doesn't read this too).

These last few days have had some positive outcomes; I think if Martin Money read this he would be proud as I have begun to budget for Christmas, with several presents bought and I have taken advantage of the offers on cards and wrapping. With my nesting instinct still intact too even my skirting board shine can be seen from the moon!!

Upon reading back this blog a smile has returned to my face and I have put everything a little more into perspective I am a very lucky person to be blessed with the gift of pregnancy and after several sweeps already this week I will be meeting my gorgeous baby before the weekend is over and Ryder-Tyler family life can start a new chapter and I cannot wait to start the first page.

No comments:

Post a Comment