Saturday 16 June 2012

Craving a sunkissed look in an Autumnal June

I think I speak for most girls out there at the moment (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong), the weather has been more like October than June and so faced with very few options of excursions we would usually turn to the TV for some escapism and yet all we are faced with is sport, sport, more sport and the odd episode of a murder mystery drama!! As we all come down from the high of the Jubilee festivities it seems like June as we know it has gone mad!!

I am craving an escape, so I have bought '50 Shades of Grey'!! and at least to look sunkissed so I decided to do some research into some of the newer tanning products I have come across and wonder with they will tempt me away from my faithful St Tropez Mousse.


I am huge fan of Leighton Denny so could not resist trying his new 'Sun Believable'. I purchased my 3 piece starter kit from QVC for £27.00 it included the mousse, mitt, exfoliator and

moisturiser.  Like his other products 'Sun Believable' does not disappoint. When you apply the tan it is slightly green in colour much more than St Tropez but this does not effect the result. I am very fair and it gave me a natural looking tan. The only thing I would say for those fake tan smell haters the smell is very evident when you put it on but completely disappeared when I showered the following morning. Definitely a repeat purchase.

The next product I went for was the Elemis Total Glow Gradual Tanning cream. I am a huge fan of Elemis, despite my bank balance often not loving this admiration, however I bought this as a duo and the price was very competitive, £29.76 (QVC). 

I love this product!! I have been using it as my summer moisturiser and unlike other gradual tanners it does not have a distinctive biscuit smell which makes it perfect for daily use. I am not as dark as if I was using a fake tan however if the sun does ever shine I will be confident to ditch my opaques!!

The last product I could not resist purchasing is a hot off the press product launched this summer from James Read the 'Tantalist'. Tanning expert James Read has worked with everyone from Lady Gaga to Clive Owen, and has bronzed stars for events such as the Oscars, Grammys and Brits. Based at the Sanderson Hotel's Agua Spa, Read has also tanned models for a wide range of fashion week shows.

So instead of despairing at the TV tonight I shall be bronzing up in preparation for an Autumnal June day tomorrow. I will keep you posted on the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment