Wednesday 27 June 2012

It is really happening I am going to become a mum!!

You may think I am slightly crazy as you read this post as yes for the last 6 months I have known I was pregnant; but up until this morning I think I have felt that it is some sort of dream. I have been very lucky with my health and have almost breezed through apart from the odd emotional melt down and skin break out. However I have woke up this morning at 29 weeks with a huge bump, mild panic and the huge realisation that giving birth is around the corner.

Will I be able to cope? Will I need and epidural at the birth? Can I change a nappy? Will I breast feed? Or will it be formula? Will my baby sleep? What nursery will it go to (yes even this question)? I think I need to breathe into I paper bag!!

I have tried to pin point why I have suddenly felt this gush of anxiety, was it our pram being delivered and Pete and I needing 2 hours to put it together and wishing we had both taken degrees in mechanics (and we are still unsure whether it is correct)!! our lack of nursery decoration; an unpacked hospital bag; my non existant baby wardrobe or stash of random sized nappies under my stairs??

As I sat with a very large cup of tea wearing my gorgeous Isabella Oliver maternity trousers which suddenly now fit me like a glove (they seemed huge when I bought them), I begin to take a few deep breathes and begin to write a very long to do list suddenly all I can feel is the movement of my baby and my worries and anxieties seem to melt away. I realise that as I approach 30 weeks it will not be anxiety I feel but sheer excitment, in about 10weeks I will meet my gorgeous baby!! And realise if any of those panic attacks appear again I should just use my yoga matra 'this moment will pass and I will soon meet my gorgeous baby'.

 I think it is time to start planning the baby shower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment