Sunday 24 June 2012

My Grandad Jack always in my heart

Yesterday we said goodbye but also celebrated the life of my amazing grandad Jack.

Last Thursday he lost his battle with Dementia and cancer, but right up to the last few days you always had a smile and a laugh for everyone and you were still questioning my dress sense.

Everyone who met you throughout your 88 years could not help but fall in love with your cheeky humour and generous nature. When you walked in a room it lit up you could lift me out of my darkest moments.

You were the best shopping partner; how we both just loved walking endlessly around the shops with no list just buying things that caught our eye. I will always remember the excitement you brought to Jo, Liz and I when we were very young and the Christmas paper had been forgotten but there was still the January sale in the local newsagent, 1/2 price annuals as treats that Father Christmas had forgotten.

I know you will be happy, as I am sure you will be with (Gran) Mollie running dances again together, waltzing into eternity. All I hope there are no betting shops as I am sure that will still cause a few tiffs between you both but I am sure the best whiskey will always be on tap.

I can't wait to tell my baby all about you and I just hope when they are growing up I will be able to give him or her the memories and experiences to treasure like you have given me.

Love you forever xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment