Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sleeping in an Awning 6 Months Pregnant!!!

I know I thought my days under canvas were over for 9 months at least however my boyfriend had other plans!!

After being washed out of Creamfields last year in a tidal wave of mud my boyfriend and I were determined to be prepared for this years festival season and bought a top of the range tent from a high street outdoor retailer however with my gorgeous bump getting bigger day by day I had put my festival plans on hold until Glastonbury returns next year.

However with the excitement of the Jubilee weekend in the air a brief glimpse of the sun my boyfriend headed up the attic to retrieve our outdoor equipment and before you could shout camping the car was packed and we were heading west down the M4 our destination was Well Park Tenby.

Destination reached and as per usual with the British Summer the glimpse of sun had turned into rain and gail force winds!! My boyfriends parents had arrived ahead in their caravan and greeted us with a much needed cuppa. After finding our British outdoor spirit it was Wellies on and we headed into town to hopefully come back after the showers had cleared to erect out tent and cosy down for the night. Sadly even after going in and out of many gift shops and a huge cream tea the weather was no better.

On our return to the caravan we decided to save our tent and boyfriend's parents set up the awning for us complete with blow up bed!! After filling up on some well earned BBQ (I am pregnant) and a few sparkling waters it was time to add the layers and slip into our sleeping bags. It was at this point I was longing for a hot toddy not a hot water bottle!!

Thankfully I warmed up quite quickly and it was lovely waking up to warm sun rays beating down on the awning, the smell of bacon in the air and the kettle whistling in the caravan. My awning experience had not turned out to be the night from hell I imagined!! Roll on Glastonbury 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment